Trade Shop Supervisor - Relocate to Kuwait
Posted on: October 1, 2018
Supervise the daily operations of a Facilities Maintenance Branch trades shop in support of the Facility Maintenance Manager. The Trades Shop Supervisor provides technical/operational guidance and supervision to employees and teammates to ensure compliance with the Performance Work Statement (PWS) for the following functions: Operation and Maintenance (O&M) of facilities, infrastructure and utilities in the Area Support Group Kuwait (ASG-KU) area of responsibility through inspections, preventive/corrective maintenance, and customer-generated work orders received through the facility work order reception desk. Support capabilities may include maintenance sections (Electrical, HVAC, Plumbing, Carpentry, Generators, Power Plant, Sewage Treatment Facility and Heavy Equipment, Custodial and Facility Installation Key Shops).
MAJOR JOB ACTIVITIES:
1. Assist the Facilities Maintenance Manager in providing a safe and secure workplace
2. Conducts and oversees the preventive and corrective maintenance programs
3. Uses a Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) database to track work orders, request material and update work order statuses as needed
4. Evaluates maintenance request forms, sets priorities, and processes work assignments
5. Monitors operations of the facilities maintenance staff
6. Maintains all maintenance records
7. Conducts training on safety and other programs
8. Provides reports on safety, quality, and maintenance issues
9. Performs routine inspections for maintenance sections
10. Performs other duties as assigned
MATERIAL & EQUIPMENT DIRECTLY USED:
Must be proficient in using Microsoft Office software and producing written documents.
Duties will involve the conduct of work in the outdoors with a potential exposure to extreme climatic conditions including frequent dust storms, and high temperatures - up to 130F degrees in the summer months. Potential exposure to chemical or biological agents could exist. Employee use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) in certain areas is required. PPE includes but is not limited to head, foot, hand, torso, respiratory, vision and hearing protective devices. Normal work week is 48 hours, but must be able to work overtime or shift work as required.
Physical requirements include lifting, climbing, extended sitting or standing, or other physical efforts that are normally required. In addition, visual acuity, hearing and speaking requirements would be considered. Consider this section carefully; any physical requirements must be able to be tied back to the major job activities. Refer to the general physical requirement, physical activities, visual acuity, and working conditions checklist for more information.
Education/Certifications: One year related experience may be substituted for one year of education, if degree is required.
High School or equivalent experience
License, certification or trade school in at least one of the following trades: Electrical, HVAC, Plumbing, Carpentry or Heavy Equipment
Six (6) years of facilities maintenance experience with 2 years in a supervisory capacity of a similar project/department/branch related to these functions
Must be able to demonstrate good oral, written and listening skills
Must possess strong knowledge in a skilled trade (electrical, HVAC, plumbing, and/or carpentry)
1. Knowledge and understanding of the US Army Public Works system and procedures is required
2. Knowledge of the US Army supply and procurement process is preferred
3. Ability to demonstrate leadership and management skills in a professional demeanor
4. Ability to work effectively with employees and management of all levels to include multi-national staff, superiors, and senior military officers
5. Strong interpersonal and negotiation skills
6. Collaborative work style fostering cooperation and teamwork
7. Ability to handle confidential company and employee information with complete discretion
8. Ability to prioritize responsibilities in order to handle a demanding workload
9. Ability to anticipate internal client needs
10. Effective ability to communicate in English, both verbally and written
11. Basic proficiency in Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook applications
12. High-level organization and planning skills so workflow is managed efficiently and accurately
13. Ability to read, analyzes and interpret reports and documents
Will supervise trades section leads of multiple disciplines to include: carpentry, HVAC, plumbing, power generation and electrical
May monitor budgets and have signature authority.
Keywords: Vectrus, Killeen , Trade Shop Supervisor - Relocate to Kuwait, Professions , Killeen, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!